Are you looking for coach or minibus hire to visit the Blackpool illuminations?
ABC Coaches run specialist trips to see the Blackpool Illuminations (or ‘the lights’) each year, catering for groups of all sizes, ranging from small groups who may want a minibus, through to large parties up to 74 seats.
Our drivers are very experienced driving the prom at Blackpool and know all the best shortcuts and vantage points. With our modern fleet, we deliver the best possible value coach transport for every size group, ranging from 16 to 74 seater coaches. For a day out to remember and a stress-free journey, be sure to arrange your coach hire with ABC Coaches.
Blackpool Illuminations is a spectacle that everyone should enjoy at least once. Millions of visitors every year (since its inception in 1879) come to Blackpool and are entranced by this amazing free light show extravaganza.
Why Choose ABC Coaches?
- Modern fleet offering 5 Star comfort & class-leading safety.
- A genuine family-run business, over 30yrs experience & an excellent reputation.
- All of our vehicles meet the UK standards of Euro 6 LEZ they are also fitted with telematics tracking & smart witness CCTV inside & out.
- Friendly & helpful staff who provide a world-class customer service to our customers.
- Competitive pricing. You’ll always get our very price possible!
This year’s lights open on the 30th August and continue through until 3rd November.
Our executive coaches and minibuses are the ideal choices for day trips and excursions such as the Blackpool Illuminations. Find your ideal coach at an affordable price at ABC Coaches.
A brief history of ‘the lights’
Blackpool Illuminations is an annual lights festival, founded in 1879 and first switched on 18 September that year, held each autumn in the British seaside resort of Blackpool on the Fylde Coast in Lancashire.
Also known locally as The Lights or The Illuminations, they run each year for sixty-six days, from late August until early November at a time when most other English seaside resorts’ seasons are coming to an end. They are 6.2 miles (10 km) long and use over one million bulbs. The display stretches along the Promenade from Starr Gate at the south end of the town to Bispham in the north.
In 2013 the Illuminations were originally meant to shine from 30 August to 3 November. However, on 14 March 2013, it was announced that the festival had been extended by a week, shining until 10 November making it the first time that the Illuminations ran for 73 consecutive days. This happened again in 2014 when they shone from 29 August to 9 November.
The Illuminations have returned to shining for the regular 66 days since 2015. In 2019 the Illuminations will shine for 66 days from 30 August to 3 November.
Did you know?
- The dazzling display of lights stretches almost six miles from Starr Gate to Bispham
- There are over a million lamps used in various types and styles
- The resort will be glowing in colour for 76 nights
- Over 3 million visitors are expected to visit the Blackpool Illuminations
- The Blackpool Illuminations only uses green electricity from renewable sources
- In 1939, the lights were erected but never switched on due to the outbreak of War
- In 2002, the display included a world’s first in exterior LED technology
If you require Coach or Minibus hire for the Blackpool Illuminations or any form of group travel, ABC Coaches have unrivalled experience & expertise in providing a tailor-made service to meet your needs.
For more information about our private coach hire, please call us on 0161 794 0033 or click here https://www.abccoachhire.co.uk/tours-group-travel/
Search The Blog
- Airport Services – Transfers, Meet & Greet, Collection & Pick Up (1)
- Coach & Minibus Hire for Tours & Group Travel. (7)
- Corporate Coach & MiniBus Hire. (1)
- Inspirational Trips Ideas (21)
- Minibus Hire (1)
- Our Fleet (2)
- Private Coach & MiniBus Hire for Tours, Trips & Excursions. (6)
- Private Coach Hire (6)
- Race Days & all Sporting Events. (3)
- Schools & Colleges (2)
- VIP & Executive Coach & Minibus Hire. (3)