Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully
These conditions apply whether a contract is made verbally or in writing. The Hirer contracts the Company upon behalf of the Hirer and as an agent for all passengers travelling on the vehicle. The Hirer warrants that he has the full authority of all passengers to enter into this contract on their behalf and to accept these conditions of hire. The Hirer shall indemnify the Company against any loss claim, damage, award or settlement which may be made against the Company in excess of the exclusions and limitations of liability contained in the Conditions of Hire as a consequence of any lack of authority upon the part of the Hirer to enter into this contract.
- Quotations are given on the basis of the most direct route and in the information given by the Hirer. The route used will be at the discretion of the Company unless the Hirer has requested a particular route which will be specified in the confirmation letter or invoice.
- All quotations are given subject to the Company having available a vehicle suiting the Hirers requirements at the time of acceptance of this quotation.
- Quotations are valid for 28 days from issue unless some other period is specified.
- Other Charges
Unless otherwise stated, admission charges, meals, accommodation and coach parking charges are not included in the quoted price and the Hirer agrees to pay such charges.
- Use of the Vehicle
Unless confirmed in writing by the Company, the vehicle should not be assumed to remain at any point between the outward and return journey nor to remain available to the Hirers incidental use when parked at such points.
- Route and Time variation
- Should the vehicle be detained by the Hirer or taken on a longer journey than contracted for, the Company reserves the right to make an additional charge.
- The vehicle will depart at times agreed with the Hirer and the Company will not be liable for any loss or injury sustained by any passengers who fail to join a vehicle at the appointed time.
- Drivers’ hours and Rest Period Regulations
The hours agreed with the operator for the operation of any hire must be strictly observed (other than in the case of serious emergency or diversion) so that regulations governing drivers’ hours and rest periods are complied with.The operator reserves the right to curtail or otherwise alter any hire which does not comply with the relevant regulations. Neither the Hirer or any passenger shall delay the departure of a vehicle or otherwise interrupt the journey so putting the driver at risk of breaching the regulations relating to drivers’ hours of work and duty. The Hirer will indemnify the Company against any extra expenses or charges which the Company may incur including, but not limited to, the cost of providing a replacement driver.
- Seating Capacity
The Hirer mist not load any vehicle beyond the number of passengers which it is legally allowed to carry.
- Conveyance of Animals
On a private hire, no animal (other than guide dogs and notified to the Company in advance) may be carried on any vehicle without prior written agreement from the Company.
Written confirmation by the Company is the only basis for acceptance of a hiring or subsequent alteration to it’s terms.
- Deposits & Payment
Any deposit requested must be paid within 7 days of the Company accepting the hire unless agreed with the company at the time of booking. Payment of the hire must be made no later than 7 days before travel unless the Company has agreed in advance to a variation of this condition. Any deposits paid are non-refundable; however the company reserves the right to defer this payment onto another booking within a 12 month period of the first hire date.The Company reserves the right to cancel any booking by notifying the Hirer in advance where a deposit or payment has not been received by the Company within a reasonable amount of time.
- Cancellation by Hirer
Should the Hirer wish to cancel any hire arrangement, the following scale of charges shall apply in relation to the total hire charge. Cancellation due to inclement weather conditions will also be charged as followsDAYS PRIOR TO CANCELLATION CHARGES:10 Days or more: No Charge 6-9 Days: 10% of Coach Hire Charge 3-5 Days: 25% of Coach Hire Charge 1-2 Days: 50% of Coach Hire Charge
24 hours or less/ Arrival of Vehicle: 100% of Coach Hire Charge
- Cancellation by the Company
In the event of an emergency, fire, riot, civil commotion, strike, lock out, stoppage or restraint of labour or on the happening of any event in which the Company has no control (including adverse weather and road conditions) or in the event of the Hirer taking any action to vary agreed conditions unilaterally, the Company may, by returning all money paid and without further or other liability, cancel the contract. At any point our company reserves the right to cancel any transport without compensation.
- Vehicle to be provided
- The Company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified at no additional charge to the Hirer unless the extra seats are used by the Hirer.
- The Company reserves the right to substitute other vehicles (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities for all or part of the hiring subject to such substitues being of equivalent quality.
- Equipment in coaches (including but not limited to) radios, audio and video cassette players, microphone and public address systems, beverage and toilet facilities is provided at the discretion of the Company unless the quotation specifies that any such facilities will be available. Whilst every endeavour will be made by the Company to comply with the hirers’ requests, the Company cannot guarantee to meet such requests.
- Breakdown and Delays
The Company gives its advice on journey times in good faith however in the event of a breakdown or traffic congestion beyond the reasonable control of the Company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the Company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the Hirer as a result.
- Conduct of Passengers
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passenger whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations may be removed from the vehicle or prevented from boarding on the drivers authority. The Hirer will be responsible for the conduct of passengers and for any damage caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hire. The Public Service Vehicle (Conduct of Drivers, Conductors, Inspectors and Passengers Regulations 1990) apply.
- The Company is not responsible or liable for lost property, luggage or personal effects. These are carried on our vehicles at the owners risk.
- Where appropriate, Hirers should acquaint themselves with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1995 and criminal Justice (Scotland) Act in addition to the current conditions of entry to race courses as laid down by the Race Course Association Limited.
- The right to work without fear of Intimidation or Violence
The driver has a right to work without threating behaviour, intimidation, abusive language or violence towards both the driver and the passengers on the vehicle. Any passenger who breaks these terms may be refused entry on the vehicle or removed from the vehicle and the relevant authorities notified of any incidents.
- Damages to Vehicle
The Hirer will be liable for any damage caused to the Vehicle during the course of the hire. The Company reserves the right to charge the Hirer for any damage caused to our vehicle. The Company reserves the right to charge the Hirer a soiling charge where the Vehicle has been made dirty outside of reasonable use by the Hirer.
Any complaint in respect of the Company’s services should be made in writing to the Company’s office within 14 days to:
ABC Coach LtdUnit 293 Swinton Hall Road
No bill, poster or notice to be displayed on any vehicle without the prior written consent of the Company
- Refeshments, Alcohol and Smoking
Other than on vehicles fitted expressly for that purpose, food and drink (including alcoholic beverages) may not be consumed on the vehicle. Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles.
The quotation given is based on operating costs at the date of the quotation, and where more than 30 days elapse between the date of the quotation and the date of departure the Company reserves the right to pass on to the Hirer increases in cost of fuel or other increased costs resulting from Government action or other factors beyond the Company’s control. However, the first 2% of certain cost increases will not be passed onto the Hirer.
- Provision of Coaches
The Company does all in it’s power to ensure the Vehicles are at the place and time stated on the day of engagement but we cannot guarantee or accept liability for the non-appearance of Coaches through unforeseen circumstances beyond the Company’s control.
- All parties are requested to note the above conditions as the Company only enters Contracts in accordance with these terms.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice depending on the requirements of the Company. For the latest Terms & Conditions, please contact our office.